PlumbPatrol was established in Cape Town in 1996. The owner, Larry Berger, has been operating in Cape Town in the plumbing industry since 1987. He is a qualified and licensed plumber with the City of Cape Town water department since 1990.
PlumbPatrol’s expertise lies in all fields of Plumbing, Leak Detection, Irrigation and Thermal Imaging.
Plumbing: Cape Town
Since 1987, we have been involved in all aspects of Plumbing. No job has been too big, no job to small. From renovations, maintenance, blockages, geyser replacements, elements, thermostats, tap washers, we cover it all.
There is no product we have not seen, nor any problem we have not solved.
We tackle all fields of Plumbing which include Commercial and Residential.
Leak Detection: Cape Town
LeakPatrol, a division of PlumbPatrol. Established in Cape Town in 1999, specializing in locating Leaks and Burst pipes via the use of electronic leak detection equipment. We are leaders in this field and have completed over 10,000 leak detections to date. We have a variety of electronic equipment to use, depending on the type of leak we are locating.
We use the Gas method, Acoustic, Moisture meters and Thermography.
Most of our client base is via the Insurance industry, brokers, assessors and property managers.
Irrigation: Cape Town
Our irrigation knowledge goes back to 1987 and we have been installing irrigation systems in Cape Town since then.
We have been thoroughly trained in U.S.A by the leaders in the Irrigation industry, “Rainbird Sprinkler Manufacturing company” and have applied this knowledge in the systems we install and service.
From commercial to residential, we have covered all aspects including manual and automated systems. Maintenance or fully installed automated systems.
Thermal imaging: Cape Town
Established in 2010, we felt the need to expand into this sector and cover all aspects of where the thermal camera can assist our client base.
- Fire prevention: Quarterly or Bi annual Thermal inspection of all electrical DB boards.
- H Vac: Quarterly or Bi annual Thermal inspection of Motor and Compressor bearings.
- Water damage: To locate the source of water damage, i.e. Rising damp, roof leaks and water penetration.
- Plumbing: To locate the source of pipe related leaks or bursts.
- Production failure: Quarterly or Bi annual Thermal inspection of Motor, Parts and bearings.
- Bearing failure: Quarterly or Bi annual Thermal inspection of Motor bearings.
- Refrigeration and cold storage: Quarterly or Bi annual Thermal inspection of seals for refrigeration and cold storage plants.
- Insulation inspection: Quarterly or Bi annual Thermal inspection of insulation material on boilers, geysers, pipe systems etc.
- Night shots: Thermal image of a building at night, showing temperature losses through seals, doors and windows.
Experience, training and affiliations:
- Qualified and licensed with the City ofCape Town 1990
- IOPSA member (Institute of Plumbing South Africa)
- IOPSA Vice Chairman (Cape Town 2009)
- IOPSA Chairman (Cape Town 2010 -2012)
- WORLD PLUMBING CONFERENCE BID COMMITTEE CAPE TOWN (2012-2016)
- PIRB member (Plumbing Industry Registration Board)
- PIRB solar licensed Cape Town
- PIRB heat pump licensed Cape Town
- PIRB Auditor (Plumbing, Solar and Heat Pump) Cape Town
- SIRAC certified
- AIRCO certified
- KWIKOT certified
- WATERSMITH Solar Certified
- RAINBIRD (Layout system designer 1994-1995)
- RAINBIRD (Technical team 1991-1993)
Cape Town, South Africa
Fax 086-559-7369, Accounts 021- 44-77-524
After Hours 082-785-0393